Areas of law we work in
- Housing problems and tenant rights
- Employment Insurance
- Employment standards
- Ontario Works (OW / Welfare)
- Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- Canada Pension Plan Disability (CPP-D)
- Wrongful dismissal
- Human rights
- Family Law Advice Lawyers – please call ahead for an appointment on 416-696-2992 because the family lawyers are not available every day.
- Legal advice
- Legal representation
- Speakers and presentations for classrooms or groups
- Public Legal Education
- Community Organizing
What we can’t help you with
There are some areas of law where clinics do not have enough expertise or enough staff resources to help. We may be able to offer referrals or guidance to the information you need to represent yourself. These include: insurance matters, estates, civil courts (suing or being sued by someone), and criminal matters. We also can’t help in areas where Legal Aid Ontario provides certificates to get the services of a private lawyer. To find out if you are eligible for a Legal Aid Certificate, please call Legal Aid Ontario at 1-800-668-8258 or visit their website.
Legal Aid Ontario funds our clinic, and requires that we ask prospective clients about their sources of income and their assets, such as whether they own a home. If you are not financially eligible for our services, we may still be able to give you advice or referrals to other assistance and legal information.